[URBANTH-L] CFP: Third Int'l Conference on Environmental, Cultural, Economic and Social Sustainability (Chennai, India)

Angela Jancius acjancius at ysu.edu
Wed Jun 28 15:50:02 EDT 2006

Subject: Conference on Sustainability, University of Madras, Chennai, India,
4-7 January 2007

Dear Colleague,

We are writing to you on behalf of the Conference Organising Committee to
inform you of the:

THE THIRD INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ENVIRONMENTAL, CULTURAL, ECONOMIC AND
SOCIAL SUSTAINABILITY
University of Madras, Chennai, India, 4-7 January, 2007
http://www.SustainabilityConference.com

This conference aims to develop an holistic view of sustainability, in which
environmental, cultural and economic issues are inseparably interlinked. It
will work in a multidisciplinary way, across diverse fields and taking
varied perspectives in order to address the fundamentals of sustainability.

As well as impressive line up of international main speakers, the conference
will also include numerous paper, workshop and colloquium presentations by
practitioners, teachers and researchers. We would particularly like to
invite you to respond to the conference call for papers. Papers submitted
for the conference proceedings will be peer-refereed and published in print
and electronic formats in the International Journal of Environmental,
Cultural, Economic and Social Sustainability. If you are unable to attend
the conference in person, virtual registrations are also available which
allow you to submit a paper for refereeing and possible publication in this
fully refereed academic journal, as well as access to the electronic version
of the conference proceedings.

The deadline for the next round in the call for papers (a title and short
abstract) is 31 July 2006. Proposals are reviewed within four weeks of
submission. Full details of the conference, including an online call for
papers form, are to be found at the conference website -
http://www.SustainabilityConference.com

We look forward to receiving your proposal and hope you will be able to join
us in Chennai in January 2007.

Yours Sincerely,

Prof. John Fien
Innovation Professor of Sustainability