[URBANTH-L]AAA in San Jose: Critical Intersections/Dangerous Issues

Angela Jancius acjancius at ysu.edu
Thu Sep 7 11:52:00 EDT 2006

From: rthomas at aaanet.org

Response to “Critical Intersections/Dangerous Issues” has been
remarkably strong and varied. As the preliminary program demonstrates,
a wide range of scholars has seized this opportunity to reach across
boundaries and take inspired intellectual risks. The potential for
generating new knowledge at the intersections mapped by our 2006
program is truly exciting.

The 105th Annual Meeting will supply provocative content in an untested
package. A total of 724 paper sessions, poster sessions and special
events will convene in a venue most of us—including me—have never seen.

I anticipate a productive match between our theme and the conference
site; the convention center layout will allow us to break free of
familiar routines. There will be a lounge area for all members and an
additional lounge just for students. Old friends and new colleagues can
meet at the coffee stations or browse information tables for flyers and
literature.

Search the preliminary program and abstracts to see the full offering
of sessions and special events ….
http://www.aaanet.org/mtgs/search/search.cfm

Check out other opportunities during annual meeting in San Jose:

Executive Program Committee Member Ruben Mendoza’s Calendar of Local
Calendar Events
http://www.aaanet.org/mtgs/ruberecs.htm

Professional Development Workshops

https://secure.aaanet.org/cfp/fall/desc.htm

The Multispecies Salon, A Special Off-Site Event at UC Santa Cruz

http://www.aaanet.org/mtgs/specialevents.htm

And don’t forget the deadline to pre-register is October 15, and the
deadline to make hotel reservations is October 27.

http://www.aaanet.org/mtgs/2006/reg.htm and
http://www.aaanet.org/mtgs/2006/hotel.htm.

We look forward to seeing you in San Jose!

Maria D Vesperi
2006 Executive Program Chair