[URBANTH-L]IRB woes

Lisa Maya Knauer lknauer at umassd.edu
Mon Apr 2 12:49:30 EDT 2007

i have also had some IRB "issues" concerning assignments in
undergraduate classes ... and maybe we can have a strand of discussion
regarding this. how do structure assignments in undergraduate classes
(where students have less than a semester to do the work, esp. in an
introductory class)? i (and i imagine many others) fly under the radar
screen, but this limits my ability to publish anything about my teaching
(including developing a website with student projects).
to respond to david's comment on elzbieta's suggestion: i think there is
still time to submit WORKSHOP proposals for AAA 2007, so if someone were
ambitious, we could have a first round of conversation in DC.