[URBANTH-L]Is Diversity Bad for Cities? (Linda Dwyer)

jay sokolovsky jsokolov at stpt.usf.edu
Sat Aug 11 23:10:36 EDT 2007

I have seen the word class  mentioned in previous emails.  But one thing
that has not is the period under examination  is marked by the most
rapid and sustained period of growing inequality in our nation's history
- with the tax shift of  wealth to the very top elites, this has drawn
money away from local communities which in  the past have had resource
to build highly successful public instititutions, such as schools, which
became the  core of  civic engagement.

Jay Sokolovsky