[URBANTH-L] Interdisciplinary Summer Institute on Alcohol, Drugs and Addiction (Amsterdam)

Angela Jancius jancius at ohio.edu
Wed Jan 24 19:10:52 EST 2007

Dear colleagues,

We are pleased to let you know that the Summer Institute on Alcohol,
Drugs and Addiction will be held at the International School for
Humanities and Social Sciences of the Universiteit van Amsterdam from
July 8- 20, 2007.

The Summer Institute offers students of various disciplines and
professions a great opportunity to advance their knowledge in the field
of addiction studies in an international environment. The Institute is
an intensive two-week summer programme that seeks to provide an
interdisciplinary approach to the study of addiction and to promote
opportunities for international networking among participants.

The Institute welcomes individuals with a focused interest in addiction
research and treatment, Master's and PhD students, NGO staff working on
addiction-related issues, professionals in human services, practitioners,
and advocates. There are NFP fellowships available for Summer Institute
participants from 57 selected countries. For more information, see
http://www.nuffic.nl/nfp/ and click "fellowships for short courses".

We expect a 2007 class of approximately 15-20 students. The Institute's
classes are intensive small group seminars with discussions, excursions,
faculty lectures and guest lectures by prominent people in the field.

The scientific director is Helen Levine, and this year's faculty
includes Dennis McCarty, Janhuib Blans, Lala Ashenberg Straussner, and
Mirjam Schieveld. Applications must be addressed to the Universiteit van
Amsterdam at the address below. You can visit our web site
http://www.ishss.uva.nl/addiction for further information or to download
an application form.

Please feel free to share this information.
Sincerely yours,

Helen Levine,
Mirjam Schieveld

Summer Institute on Alcohol, Drugs and Addiction
International School for the Humanities and Social Sciences
Postal address
Prins Hendrikkade 189-B
1011TD Amsterdam
The Netherlands