[URBANTH-L]IRB vows and woes

Francisco Gurri fgurri at camp.ecosur.mx
Fri Mar 30 21:07:31 EDT 2007

I think it would be a better idea to discuss how to do participant
observation and get some evidence of subject consent in a "natural setting",
rather than to look for ways of avoiding the issue by getting exemptions.
It is important, I believe, to be able to show that those you are studying
are happy with what you are doing regardless of the research method
employed.
Francisco Gurri
ECOSUR.