FW: [URBANTH-L]References Request--MX-US Migration

David I Beriss DBeriss at uno.edu
Fri Dec 19 16:32:06 EST 2008

One really excellent book that puts literature, film and music on the
US/Mexican relationship and on migration into a anthropological  and
historical context is Jose Limon's "American Encounters: Greater
Mexico, the United States and the Erotics of Culture." I'd recommend
using it, but if you take a look at it, you will find many ideas for
the kinds of material that interests you.

That said, among the many movies that deal with the issues you want to
address, two of my favorites are John Sayles' "Lone Star" and Patricia
Cardoso's "Real Women Have Curves."  But there are so many...

David Beriss

Associate Professor and Chair
Department of Anthropology
University of New Orleans