[URBANTH-L]anthropology of work review

Chibnik, Michael S michael-chibnik at uiowa.edu
Tue Feb 19 12:20:21 EST 2008

I thought that the following would be of interest to some members of this list:

I am pleased to have the opportunity to be the new editor of the Anthropology of Work Review (AWR), the journal of the Society for the Anthropology of Work. The goal of the AWR is to publish articles, photo essays, and book and video reviews about all aspects of work. I encourage  ethnographic, theoretical, applied, and methodological contributions written in a straightforward, readable style. Articles and essays are welcome from those working inside and outside of academia, from all countries and from all subfields and areas of specialization within anthropology and related disciplines. I am also interested in suggestions for theme issues.
Articles and photo essays  may be submitted at any time to the AWR, which is published three times a year. The journal is peer reviewed and available through AnthroSource. Issues ordinarily include thee to five articles or essays and book and video reviews. Because of limited space, manuscripts should not be longer than 25 pages double spaced (including references).  Contributors should format their manuscript according to the style guide of the American Anthropological Association http://www.aaanet.org/pubs/style_guide.htm. Please include, as a separate attachment, a one-paragraph abstract and five keywords. Manuscripts should be sent to me electronically at michael-chibnik at iowa.edu<mailto:michael-chibnik at iowa.edu> or by regular mail to Michael Chibnik, editor, Anthropology of Work Review, Department of Anthropology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242. Photographs should be sent as tif files to a separate email address where I have more space mchibnik at gmail.com<mailto:mchibnik at gmail.com.>.
Carrie Lane has generously agreed to continue as the AWR reviews editor. Inquiries about book and visual reviews should be her electronically at clane at fullerton.edu<mailto:clane at fullerton.edu> or by regular mail to Carrie Lane, Department of American Studies, P.O. Box 6868, California State University - Fullerton, Fullerton, CA 92834-6868. Individual book reviews should not exceed four double-spaced pages; review essays should not be longer than 10 pages.
Right now would be a good time to submit manuscripts to AWR. I can promise quick review of submissions and prompt publication of accepted manuscripts. Please contact me if you have any ideas or questions about potential articles or essays.

Michael Chibnik
Professor
Department of Anthropology
University of Iowa