[URBANTH-L]CFP: AN Theme issue on Housing

Angela Jancius jancius at ohio.edu
Tue Jul 29 12:26:36 EDT 2008

From: Dinah Winnick <dwinnick at aaanet.org>

Dear Contributors and Contributing Editors,

Anthropology News is now accepting article proposals for our December 2008
issue on housing. The topic of housing offers the opportunity for
contributions from a wide range of perspectives, and we encourage you to
forward this announcement to any colleagues or students that you think might
be interested. Feel free to also post the announcement on applicable
listservs and bulletin boards.

Anthropology News Call for Proposals: Housing

AN is seeking contributions for a thematic issue on housing to be published
in December 2008. Potential issues that articles can address include:
mortgage lending, homelessness, community (re)development, historic
preservation, housing policy, sense of place/locality, public/private
distinctions, planned and gated communities, vernacular architecture and
aesthetics, community organization and regulation, and archaeology of
residential sites. Commentary proposals on other topics related to housing
are welcome. We also encourage proposals for articles in other sections of
AN, including Teaching Strategies and Field Notes, and for work in
non-traditional formats, such as photo essays, infographics, interviews and
multi-authored discussions.

Guidelines
To participate in this thematic issue, email a 300 word proposal and 50-100
word author bio to Anthropology News editor Dinah Winnick
(dwinnick at aaanet.org). Proposals for photo essays should also include five
high resolution photographs, each with a photo caption and credit. Early
submissions are encouraged.

Proposal submission deadline: August 25, 2008

Additional information is available at
www.aaanet.org/issues/anthronews/CFP-Housing.cfm.

Also, please note that the deadline for the photo contest has been extended
to Sept 1 (to be updated on our website shortly). For information and
submission guidelines, please see
www.aaanet.org/issues/anthronews/photocontest.cfm.

Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Dinah

Dinah Winnick
Associate Managing Editor, Anthropology News
American Anthropological Association
2200 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 600
Arlington, VA 22201
703.528.1902 ext. 3005