[URBANTH-L] CFP: Beyond the Tipping Point: Asian Development in an Urban World

Angela Jancius jancius at ohio.edu
Sun Jun 22 11:39:48 EDT 2008

UNU-WIDER Project Workshop,
Beyond the Tipping Point: Asian Development in an Urban World

This workshop will take stock of what we know and what we need to know about
cities and development in Asia, gather experiences of urbanization and urban
growth from the region, and offer policy options for an inexorably
urbanizing world.

We invite submissions of papers written on Asian cities on the topics
outlined in the call for papers at
http://www.wider.unu.edu/events/project-meetings/en_GB/15-12-2008/ . Those
wishing to present a paper should send a detailed abstract by 15 July 2008
to the email address given below. All applicants should submit a short CV,
including their full contact address, institutional affiliation, relevant
publications and professional experience, nationality, age and gender. Final
drafts of accepted papers are required by 15 November 2008.

There is no workshop fee. Subject to UN policies and procedures, UNU-WIDER
will cover the costs of meals, airport transfers and accommodation for
all-and air travel costs for some-workshop participants. Preference will be
given to funding participants from developing countries.

Project Directors:
Jo Beall, London School of Economics
Basudeb Guha Khasnobis, UN-WIDER (Basudeb at wider.unu.edu)
Ravi Kanbur, Cornell University