[URBANTH-L]SANA student travel grant to AAA's
chris.caruso at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 11:46:06 EDT 2008
*The St. Clair Drake Student Travel Grant*
*The Society for the Anthropology of North America announces
the St. Clair Drake Student Travel Grants for Travel to the 2008 American
Anthropological Association Conference*
The Society for the Anthropology of North America (SANA) announces the St.
Clair Drake Student Travel Grants Award for travel to the 2008 AAA
conference, titled "Inclusion, Collaboration, and Engagement," on November
19-23, 2008 in San Francisco, California.
To apply, submit your paper abstract, university affiliation, and contact
information to sanatravelgrant at yahoo.com by November 10, 2008. No additional
materials are needed.
Applicants must be SANA members. The membership fee is only $10 for students
- please see http://sananet.org/membership.html for instructions on how to
- The student travel grant is awarded on a competitive basis and reviewed
by a committee comprised of members from the SANA board. This travel grant
is intended for currently enrolled graduate students without a PhD. Only
students who are presenting papers at the conference will be considered for
- Papers should relate to the study of North America and — in keeping
with the work of the award's namesake, St. Clair Drake – preferably consider
the politics of everyday life in North America such as those pertaining to
race, ethnicity, class, gender, and/or sexuality. Priority will be given to
those that address Mexico, the United States, and Canada.
- Preference will go to those students who have previously applied for
the SANA travel grant and have not yet received one.
- The total dollar amount allocated to travel grants is limited;
therefore, the number and dollar amount of grants awarded depends on the
number of applicants and their travel needs.
- Travel grants will not be awarded to any individual two years in a
- SANA is an intentionally inclusive community of anthropologists and
encourages every student to apply for the St. Clair Drake award regardless
of society's labels or anthropology's disciplinary boundaries. However,
applicants must be SANA members presenting at the 2008 AAA meetings.
More information about the URBANTH-L