[URBANTH-L] JOB: Tenure-track Position in Community Planning and Development

Angela Jancius jancius3022 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 4 15:44:37 EDT 2009

Please excuse cross-postings.

Tenure-track Position in Community Planning and Development

Concordia University
Montreal, Quebec, Canada

The Department of Geography, Planning and Environment at Concordia University in Montreal, Quebec, invites applications for one tenure-track appointment in the field of Community Planning and Development, with core interests in the social and cultural geography of cities and issues of social and environmental equity. The Department would welcome research in areas such as neighborhood development, inner-city revitalization, affordable housing, public space or food security.  A PhD and a degree in planning or a closely related field is required. The successful candidate will be expected to teach a studio course.

Applications must consist of a cover letter, a current curriculum vitae, copies of recent publications, a statement of teaching philosophy/interests, a statement of research achievements, and evidence of teaching effectiveness. Candidates must also arrange to have three letters of reference sent directly to:

Dr. Norma Rantisi, Search Committee Chair
Department of Geography, Planning and Environment
Concordia University
1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. W.
Montreal, Quebec H3G 1M8
Canada