[URBANTH-L]Software for analyzing qualitative responses

Maria Brodine mtb2106 at columbia.edu
Wed Aug 5 11:47:41 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I have a Mac and have looked into this to some degree.  I've thought of
getting Windows for Mac, and setting up Nvivo or QDA Miner.  Then there's
Tams, which has the obvious boon that it's free, but which I'm having
trouble even downloading right now -- I don't know if it's set up for the
latest OS -- and then there's HyperResearch, which is expensive.  Has anyone
tried HyperResearch or is able to compare the four?  Thanks,

Maria Brodine
Ph.D. Candidate
Applied Anthropology
Department of International and Transcultural Studies
Columbia University, Teachers College

--
Maria T. Brodine