[URBANTH-L]Social Vulnerability - Disasters and Urban Communities

Dumitrita Mic dmic001 at fiu.edu
Tue Feb 10 08:36:28 EST 2009

Dear subscribers,

I am a second year PhD candidate and I am interested in the social
vulnerability in the small, segregated communities of the city. I am
particularly interested in the areas that are hurricane prone, like the ones
in South Florida.

I am at the beginning of my research and I need to get a good "lay of the
land" of this field (small vulnerable urban communities).

If anyone knows a good review on the theme, please let me know.
It will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Suzana Mic
Graduate Research Assistant
Institute for Public Opinion and Research
Florida International University
954 608 3370