[URBANTH-L]Reader on the Anthropology of Homelessness

Winnie Hung wintam at ucdavis.edu
Wed Feb 11 10:55:23 EST 2009

Dear David,

If you haven't received these suggestions already, I'd like to also add
Mitchell Durnier's Sidewalks about unhoused men in NY and Mike Davis'
Fortress LA (in City of Quartz) and Planet of Slums, which takes a look at
neoliberal globalism changes city landscapes into privatized spaces of
capital accumulation.  Also Neil Smith's books on gentrification in cities
across the world talk about displacement of working-class people from urban
spaces.

Good luck on your class,

Winnie