[URBANTH-L]RE: Immigration and Health

Sarah Willen Sarah_Willen at hms.harvard.edu
Thu Jan 8 15:37:57 EST 2009

Dear Konane and colleagues,

Following up on Leo's email, I'm writing to share a bibliography-in-progress
and related working paper on matters of immigration and health that you may
find useful -- and to which you (and other list members) are cordially
invited to contribute. (Some already have; thank you!)

The working paper and bibliography were prepared by Heide Castaneda
(University of South Florida) and myself as part of a new "Take a Stand
Initiative: Undocumented Im/migration and Health" within the Society for
Medical Anthropology's (SMA) Critical Anthropology of Health Special
Interest Group, and they are available for download from the SMA website at
    http://www.medanthro.net/research/cah/caghimmig.html.

As the working paper explains, we are currently assembling a task force (and
a listserv) on this topic, and all interested anthropologists are invited to
take part. (Anyone interested can contact either Heide or me.)

Good luck with your course, and look forward to hearing what you find,
~Sarah Willen

--
Sarah S. Willen, PhD, MPH
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Department of Social Medicine
Sarah_Willen at hms.harvard.edu