[URBANTH-L]Conference registration fees and alternative formats

Deborah Pellow dpellow at maxwell.syr.edu
Sat Mar 28 22:54:15 EDT 2009

Hi all --

We brought this up at the Section Assembly meeting at AAA in November. I was concerned in part because we go through this every year with the interlocutor series, for which SUNTA is dunned $361. We asked about waiving the registration fee at the Section Assembly meeting. The problem for AAA is that the meeting is the way AAA makes money. The best we could get out of them is that the Association will make the whole process more transparent.

Perhaps if the membership at large made more noise?

deborah

Deborah Pellow
Professor of Anthropology
The Maxwell School