[URBANTH-L]Communities' relationship with place

Brian Stromberg brian.stromberg at gmail.com
Sat May 23 17:35:37 EDT 2009

Hello all-
I am a geography student finishing my master's thesis, and I have come here
in the hopes of finding some anthropology articles that discuss the
connection of people and communities to places. Specifically, I am looking
for articles that talk about how communities can incorporate place into
their identities, or form strong connections with certain neighborhoods,
blocks, or even buildings. I am trying to flesh out a description of the
social value of housing to its residents, and I thought maybe my conceptual
vocabulary (and my bibliography) would be improved if I reached out to the
anthropology listserv.
Thanks for any advice or input you can give, its much appreciated!

Brian Stromberg
Rutgers Geography