[URBANTH-L] ANN: Global Ethnography Call for Participants

Angela Jancius jancius3022 at comcast.net
Sat Oct 17 21:30:34 EDT 2009

Dear All Public Anthropologists,

The 350 International Day of Climate Action is nearly upon us, coming up
next Saturday, October 24 - http://www.350.org/
This seems like an incredibly unique opportunity for anthropologists to
engage in a worldwide, cross-cultural event by conducting a one-day "global
ethnography."

This is a call for anthropological action. The idea is to get
anthropologists in as many places as possible around the world to attend and
document the October 24 event, share observations with each other and engage
in a collective, reflective process in which, through an
anthropologically-rigorous endeavor, we could contribute to the civil
society action. We could gather the observations into a publication to reach
out to web-based journals.

If you are interested, please contact me at jk6582a at student.american.edu
Also, please forward this along to any anthropologists you know. I look
forward to collaborating together!

Sincerely,
Julie Koppel Maldonado

--