[URBANTH-L]AN: AAA Photo Contest

Angela Jancius jancius3022 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 24 11:58:40 EDT 2009

Give Us Your Best Shot: Enter the AAA Photo Contest by Oct 1

Did you take photos during fieldwork this summer? Do you have snapshots from
a public event or images documenting everyday life? The American
Anthropological Association invites all members to participate in our 2009
photo contest. Each member may submit up to 5 photographs that are rooted in
anthropological work, and have been taken within the last year. We welcome
photos from all fields and subfields of anthropology, as well as from
anthropologists at any career stage.

Access the online entry form today at
www.aaanet.org/issues/anthronews/Photo-Contest-Form.cfm. Submit your photos
by Thursday, October 1. For details and submission tips see the contest
website at www.aaanet.org/photocontest. Please take a moment to peruse your
photos and see if there's anything you'd like to submit. If you have
questions, email Amy Goldenberg at photos at aaanet.org.

Selected photos will be published in a spring issue of Anthropology News,
displayed in the AAA offices, and added to the AAA Flickr gallery. Galleries
of the 2008 winners, finalists and semifinalists are available at
www.flickr.com/photos/anthropologynews/sets/.

Dinah Winnick
Associate Managing Editor, Anthropology News
American Anthropological Association
dwinnick at aaanet.org