[ysu-acm] Movie night

Ricky Elrod rbelrod at student.ysu.edu
Fri Oct 14 21:44:06 EDT 2016

Dr. Sharif (and ysu-acm list):

One idea thrown around at the first meeting a few weeks ago was to have
a YSU-ACM sponsored movie night once or twice a semester. This would
raise awareness of YSU-ACM and could also be used as a fundraiser (we
could charge a small cover fee, or even just ask for a small donation
from able-students).

My questions to you and the list are:

- When would be the best time to do something like this? I'm thinking
maybe once before Thanksgiving break and again two-ish weeks before
finals to give students a break from worrying about finals?

- Suggestions on movies? Something tech/CS related.

- Do we have to worry about copyright related things by showing something?

- Do we have to get approval from someone?

- Where could we show it?

- Other thoughts?

I really liked this idea - I think it's a great way to get our name out
there a bit and do something fun.

I/we could buy a few big bags of popcorn and a few two-liters and people
could snack while watching.

-Ricky