[URBANTH-L] International Visas, the Question of a "Counter-Conference," and other Queries

Angela Jancius acjancius at ysu.edu
Sat Oct 23 14:50:39 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jamila Bargach" <jamila_bargach at usa.net>
To: "'Angela Jancius'" <acjancius at ysu.edu>
Sent: Saturday, October 23, 2004 4:27 AM
Subject: RE: [URBANTH-L]AAA Meetings moved to Atlanta

Dear All,

Is this business of moving the meeting to Atlanta already decided? I
can't believe that this is an option that was just thrown in without
even prior mention in earlier exchanges. For those of us who are not ON
the American soil, we have additional hassle business with visas, money
exchange, permissions from our school... etc. The visas given by
consulates are 'limited' in date ... If the AAA is trying to 'buy' time,
it is again jeopardizing its small number of 'foreign' AAA members which
then prompts me to think and rethink about its true 'anthropological'
spirit; being a venue for all those wishing/willing/able to add their
voice to the exchange (well, apparently).
Thanks for the feedback.

Jamila Bargach, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
National School of Architecture