[URBANTH-L]SUNTA Notes: San Jose; New Officers; Tampa

David Haines dhaines1 at gmu.edu
Thu Nov 30 11:25:57 EST 2006

To all SUNTA members and friends:

Many thanks for your participation and involvement in the San Jose meetings. SUNTA had a fine range of over thirty sessions. From my position as program chair, most organization and scheduling isssue seemed to go relatively smoothly, but if there were problems let me know.

Two quick notes:

First, please welcome Deborah Pellow as our President-Elect and Lisa Maya Knauer as our new Councilor. Deborah, I am very glad to say, is taking on the duties of program chair. At the same time, great appreciation must be extended to Susan Greenbaum for her efforts as President (although she remains on the SUNTA Board as Past President), to Bob Rotenberg who is now past Past President, and to Hilarie Kelly for her three years as a Councilor.

Second, scheduling is now being completed for the sessions SUNTA will have in Tampa as co-sponsor of the SfAA meeting on March 27-31, 2007. SUNTA will have about a dozen sessions with the opportunity for more relaxed presentation and discussion than is possible at the AAA meetings. The capstone will be a forum of SUNTA presidents who will consider both SUNTA's past and its future. More details will be available in a few weeks.

Best regards,

-- David

David W. Haines
Associate Professor of Anthropology
George Mason University

President, Society for Urban, National, and
  Transnational/Global Anthropology (SUNTA)

Currently on leave in Japan
  Please use email for all correspondence