[URBANTH-L]Availability of Urbanth-L Archives, and Possible New Blog Site

Dickie Wallace dk at anthro.umass.edu
Thu Apr 5 20:20:14 EDT 2007

Hello, Thanks very much for putting up this IRB thread as a blog
(http://urbanth.blogspot.com/).  I'd been wanting to use it for my class today
because my students had been fuming about the demands put on them by our IRB
just this week.  It worked out wonderfully because I very hastily was able to
cut & paste it, then divvy it up into a rough powerpoint presentation, a dozen
and half slides with an e-mail on each.  We had perhaps the best class of the
semester as we argued the different points being made in the various
contributions.  Now a number of my students want to get the Smith Anthro Club,
which had been thinking about going down to DC anyway, to be an active
participant in AAA workshop, giving the undergrad ethnographic researcher
perspective on the IRB issue.
Dickie Wallace
Department of Anthropology, Smith College