[URBANTH-L] ANN: Seminar on the City: The Living New Deal Project (Columbia U)

Angela Jancius jancius at ohio.edu
Sun Oct 7 22:13:08 EDT 2007

From:  Janina Franco <jaf2126 at columbia.edu>

INVITATION TO THE UNIVERSITY SEMINAR ON THE CITY
Monday October 29, 2007

SPEAKER:  Gray Brechin, University of California at Berkeley
TALK: "The Living New Deal Project: Excavating the Public Landscape
of the Great Depression"

DRINKS: 5:30 pm
DINNER: 6pm ($22 buffet at the DeWitt Clinton Dining Room)
TIME: 7pm to 9pm
PLACE: Faculty House, 400 West 117th Street
CHAIR: Lisa Keller, SUNY-Purchase

I will attend the dinner on 29 October       Yes___  No___
I will attend the seminar on 29 October      Yes___  No___

****RSVP by Thursday, October 25 ****

Dinner will be at the Columbia University Faculty House at 6:00 p.m.
Please pay for your dinner (around $22) at the desk in the lobby of
Faculty House when you arrive for dinner.  For those having dinner,
we will meet at 6:00 at the table reserved for the seminar on the
fourth floor of Faculty House, which is located on Columbia's East
Campus behind the School of International Affairs and the Law
School.  The street address is 400 West 117th Street, but the
easiest approach is through the gates on the north side of 116th
Street between Amsterdam Avenue and Morningside Drive.

The seminar will be held from 7:15 to 9:00 p.m. in a room to be
announced in Faculty House.  For those not having dinner, please
look for a sign in the lobby and join us at 7:15 p.m.

Please rsvp for dinner and the talk via e-mail  jaf2126 at columbia.edu

Janina Franco
Columbia University