[URBANTH-L]anthropological responses to current financial meltdown

Hyatt, Susan suhyatt at iupui.edu
Fri Oct 24 17:50:25 EDT 2008

Caitlin Zaloom's book, Out of the Pits: Traders and Technology from Chicago to London was published in 2006 but I believe it deals with the culture of risk in an age where investing is now done through the internet rather than on trading floors.  I also cannot recommend enough Brett Williams' book on debt-- Debt for Sale.  It was published around 2004 or 2005 but it absolutely sets the stage for what is happening now.  She also has an excellent piece in this current issue of North American Dialogue, available for download through the SANA web site.

Sue Hyatt