[URBANTH-L] Cites needed on 1.5 generation and immigrants' dualframe of reference

Shannon Gleeson gleeson.shannon at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 16:45:46 EST 2008

Hi Sarah:

I *too* am very intersted in this topic myself, especially as it relates
to undocumented immigrants.

Here are some cites that your student might find useful

-Zhou and Bankston talk some about the 1.5 Vietnamese
http://www.amazon.com/Growing-Up-American-Vietnamese-Children/dp/0871549956

Re:  undocumented students

-Underground Undergrads: UCLA Undocumented Immigrant Students Speak Out
http://www.labor.ucla.edu/publications/books/underground.html

-Leisy Abrego, “I Can'T Go to College Because I Don'T Have Papers”:
Incorporation Patterns Of Latino Undocumented Youth, Latino Studies,
Volume 4, Number 3, 2006 , pp. 212-231(20)

-“Legitimacy, Social Identity, and the Mobilization of Law: The Effects
of Assembly Bill 540 on Undocumented Students in California.” 2008.  in
Law & Social Inquiry 2008, 33(3): 709-734.

-Gonzales, Roberto G. 2008. “Left Out but not Shut Down: Political
Activism and the
Undocumented Latino Student Movement.” Northwestern Journal of Law and
Social Policy.
Volume 3:2, Spring 2008.

-Gonzales, Roberto G. 2007. “Wasted Talent and Broken Dreams: the Lost
Potential of Undocumented Students.” Immigration Policy: In Focus.
Volume 5, Issue 13. Immigration Policy Center, of the American
Immigration Law Foundation. Washington, D.C. Fall 2007.