[URBANTH-L]SUNTA business meeting in San Francisco

David Haines dhaines1 at gmu.edu
Thu Nov 13 07:07:45 EST 2008

To SUNTA members:

The SUNTA business meeting will be held:

.... on Friday, November 21, 2008
.... from 6:15 to 7:30 p.m.
.... in Lombard

A joint reception with AES and SCA follows
(cash bar).

Hope to see you then. We have good news
on the budget front and a chance to welcome
in our new president, Deborah Pellow.

I should also note that we had rather bad news
on the acceptance and scheduling of panels
and papers this year. San Francisco is again,
as it was in the past, very, very competitive on
paper and panel proposals. I am very sorry for
that. For the many of you whose papers were
lost to this competition, I can only assure you
that (a) you were in very good company, and
(b) this is not likely to be a problem next year in
Philadelphia.

The draft agenda for this year's business meeting
and last year's minutes from Jayne Howell are at
the url listed below in html or Word (with better
formatting) . If you have additional items, just let
me know.

http://gunston.gmu.edu/dhaines1/2008_business_meeting.htm

http://gunston.gmu.edu/dhaines1/2008_business_meeting.doc

With best regards,

-- David

David W. Haines
Professor of Anthropology
George Mason University  SOAN 3G5
Fairfax  VA 22030

President, Society for Urban, National, and
Transnational/Global Anthropology (SUNTA)
    www.sunta.org